Friday, July 29, 2016

Veterinary Highlights: EthyCalm

I noticed a mention of this product in my veterinary social stream.

Jasmine's vet uses local anesthetic when sticking in a needle for many animals. He certainly did for Jasmine who's veins were hard to get. To reduce the stress while poking around, the tech would apply a dab of what I think was a lidocaine lotion. It worked well though one had to wait a bit for it to actually take effect.

EthyCalm is a vapo-coolant spray.

It works within a few seconds and wears off in a few minutes. Sounds like a good idea. I have to admit, not knowing enough, that I wonder whether the coldness or subsequent warming actually hurts. Putting your hand into icy water does.

I am curious what Jasmine's vet thinks about this product.

Source article:
Needles Need EthyCalm

No comments

Post a Comment