Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD): Part III - How is WiggleLess® helping to provide support for other dogs suffering from or prone to IVDD?

by Lisa Luckenbach

WiggleLess® was created to do one simple thing: HELP DOGS! 

There are many wonderful dog lovers out there and I come across amazing parents every day who make my work incredibly rewarding.

Along with our goal to constantly improve our product and find pups in need of support, my team endeavors to provide inspiring stories and a place to connect to other IVDD resources.


June and Henry have both passed on (not from back problems), but they were the inspiration behind my WiggleLess® back brace and I am determined to share what I know and continue to learn with anyone who loves dogs as much as I do.

When I first became acquainted with the disease, there wasn’t the wealth of information out there that we have today. I am amazed each week at the new sites and forums allowing people a space to discuss IVDD and how it has changed their lives and the lives of their dogs. We are now sharing stories of how we can make strides towards wellness and bring relief to our fur babies; which gives me a great sense of reward and satisfaction.


One of my most recent favorite thoughts for the day came from Dodgerslist, a fantastic forum for all things IVDD related. 

They reminded readers that “your dog CAN have a great quality of life living with IVDD -- no matter whether the dog regains the ability to walk or not. Quality of life is totally a matter of perspective. There is our human perspective; and then, there is the dog’s perspective.”

They suggested, no matter what level of ability your dog achieves after recovery, your dog will be happy and loving life as long as three basic, but very simple requirements are met: food, water, a safe, comfy place to sleep, and a family’s love. I have to agree 100%!

With the right diagnosis and the right treatment, IVDD is manageable, and remembering the simple ingredients it takes to make your dog feel loved and happy is top of the list. My Henry lived well past his IVDD diagnosis, as did June. My pet professional gave me the tools and information I needed to manage my pups' ailments – and using the brace to help aid their comfort gave me a sense of accomplishment and shared relief!


Today, there are now eight sizes of WiggleLess® dog back braces available, providing comfortable, firm, back support for many breeds and builds of dogs with back problems. 

When used as directed, the vet-recommended and patented WiggleLess® dog back brace offers firm support, back stability and stress relief for your dog. I often smile up with gratitude for Henry and June’s journey, knowing they taught me so much and are now helping me from the heavens to do my small part to make a difference and give support to other dogs.

At WiggleLess®, we strive weekly to work with the local community and our friends across the US and abroad to bring IVDD to the forefront of the pet community so we can all learn and share but most of all help all our beloved dogs to live the longest, healthiest lives possible.



***

Lisa Luckenbach has developed WiggleLess® back braces for dogs that are overweight and need extra support, elderly with aching backs, diagnosed with IVDD-related back problems, or overly active and can benefit from the structure a dog back brace provides. 

In addition to running WiggleLess®, Lisa is a registered yoga instructor, licensed massage therapist, public speaker, ordained minister, and breast cancer survivor. She shares her home with her husband, two teen-aged daughters and three spunky, adopted dogs, Ryder (Cocker Spaniel), LaVerne (Schnauzer/Doxie mix), and Chai (Doxie/Jack russell mix). Visit WiggleLess®.com to learn more about Lisa and her back brace for dogs.

Articles by Lisa Luckenbach:
Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD): Part I - My Babies Have What? 
Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD): Part II - Living with IVDD and the Development of the Brace 

Related articles:
Treatment And Prevention Of Canine Intervertebral Disc Disease (Part I) 
Treatment And Prevention Of Canine Intervertebral Disc Disease (Part II Physical Therapy)
What Acupuncture Did For Intervertebral Disk Disease (IVDD)


Do you have a story to share?

Your story can help others, maybe even save a life!

What were the first signs you noticed? How did you dog get diagnosed? What treatment did/didn't work for you? What was your experience with your vet(s)? How did you cope with the challenges?

Email me, I'll be happy to hear from you!

Comments