Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Meet The Bloggers Hop

My blogging is not about me nor it is for me, so I rarely talk about myself. I rarely talk about myself in general. You will find than I'm happiest having a conversation about dogs. You'd be hard-pressed catching me talking about much else. So here you go—the great revelations about me.


I am very camera-shy. So yes,
this is the most recent
photo of me.
What's your favorite non-animal related book?

I love science-fiction. What I like about it the most might be a bit unusual—it is the random wisdom allowed by the different points of view. The too books that rank at the top of my favorites are The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams and Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

What is your favorite non-animal related movie?

Wow, picking a favorite movie is even harder than picking a favorite book. I like science-fiction too, as well as mysteries, thrillers and dramas. 2012 would probably be a good example.

Who's your favorite actor?

Just one too? Let it be John Cusack, he's almost as cute as a puppy.

What makes you feel fabulous?

There is clearly the assumption that I ever feel fabulous. Personal confession? I don't. What does make me feel good, though, is when Jasmine's story helps other dogs. That was why I started blogging and it does make me happy.

What do you wish you were more skilled at?

Feeling fabulous!

Besides that, I wish I was better at dog training. But I'm learning. As for non-animal related skills, there are many things I'd love to learn, such as languages, sciences ... no money and no time for that, though.

What's your favorite holiday?

Any holiday I can actually take the time off! Christmas get tainted with grief easily. New Years isn't what is cracked up to be. But Christmas would probably still be my favorite holiday.

Favorite meal?

Broiled chicken. And I actually do love my veggies. I even choose chicken or veggies over a cake, given the opportunity.

What do you like to do in your free time?

Spending time with my dogs. Learning something. Reading. I watch movies to wind down after a long day. Sometimes I enjoy playing word or card games.

What one word would people who know you use to describe you?

A nut? Wouldn't blame them, I am a nut. If adjectives were allowed, than it would be a dog nut. Can't argue with that. But they say it with love, I think.

What is one thing you've done that you're most proud of?

Accepting that I'm a nut. Ha. Seriously, though? I don't know. Pride is not my thing.

If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?

I'd love to find peace. I'm a great worrier. I worry about everything all the time. I would really love to take a break from that.

Other than blogging, what are three things you do that bring you joy?

My dogs. Making my dogs happy. Making anybody else happy.

What's one thing you could to to me more kind to yourself?

Find a way of worrying less. Or find a valium tree.

24 comments

  1. So are you excited for the Ender's Game movie release?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankly, I don't know. Movies rarely live up to the book, or at least the experience of it. The Hitchhicker's Guide movie was ok, but didn't at all do for me what the book did.

      So I shall see how well they did on the Ender's Game movie.

      Delete
  2. Hitchhiker's Guide is a great book! And I do oddly like disaster movies, even though they can be quite terrible. I can definitely get sucked into 2012 when it's on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something really positive about disaster movies, how humanity usually (clearly not always) gets together against the odds.

      Delete
  3. Another sci fi fan! I've met so many through the Meet the Bloggers hop. And Hitchhiker's Guide would rank among my all-time favorite books. Every year, I plant a bowl of petunias. Because.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Love that about the petunias :-) Hopefully nowhere they could fall off? ;-)

      Delete
  4. Pleased to meet you, "nut". I'm a nut, too. We can be nuts together. Doesn't that just sound nutty? :P

    I hope that you have a worry free & peaceful Christmas with the dogs & the hubs.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to have a fellow nut :-) Thank you so much for the card, too!

      I doubt I'll have worry free minute, never mind whole holiday. I just hope that my worries will be unjustified. That's all I'm asking for.

      Have awesome holiday too!

      Delete
    2. We might have to start a nutcase & worry club. I'll join too. Just after the holidays please :)

      Delete
    3. Oh, no, you too? I thought you were quite level-headed. It's a date. Let's start a nutcase & worry club next year! :-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing about yourself. I've heard mixed reviews of the movie Ender's Game so I've decided that I'd rather just read the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will check it out when it's out cheap or on our Netflix. The book is awesome, though.

      Delete
  6. I think you have a tremendous amount to be proud of.....for instance.......writing the Foreword for a published book........being a great dog mama and friend.........dispensing knowledge to others.......you are awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thank you for your kind words :-) Writing the foreword I consider an honor. The rest a privilege. As I said, I don't do pride :-)

      Delete
  7. Big Ender's Game fan to - like the whole series. Let me know if you ever find that valium tree LOL! Nice to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I read the whole series too. Awesome, isn't it? I will most definitely let you know if I find a valium tree ;-)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. LOL Not when there is so much to worry about with one.

      Delete
  9. I'm a big science fiction fan too - my dad started me on it at an early age. :)

    (And it sounds like you could make a lot of money if you can figure out how to grow that Valium tree!)

    Thanks for joining us for the hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Science fiction is the best :-) Working on that tree idea :-)

      Delete
  10. A valium tree. *sigh* My anxious Hunny is looking for one of those, too. Instead he turns to exercise and hobbies that calm him, like his leather working.

    You ARE fabulous, dear. You are. You have a story, like the rest of us, and your story has a purpose. Keep telling your story. It's good. It might be painful in places, but it's good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words.

      I exercise too, but somehow doesn't seem enough for my nutcase head :-)

      Delete
  11. Nice to learn more about you Jana. I wish some of your veggie love would rub off on me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I guess I'm kind of missing the sweet tooth. Every once in a while I'd enjoy something sweet but otherwise I do like my veggies.

      Sometimes, aversion to some foods is caused by the way they're prepared.

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig