No Longer Certifiable? My Canine Nutrition Course

"The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." 
—Socrates
I have finished part one of the Building A Better Body - Canine Nutrition course. I am now no longer certifiable but instead, at least partially, certified!


This is an integrative dog nutrition course and I am glad I have started with this one.

Lot of what I've learned has been common sense to me. Some of the stuff was new, and quite exciting, such as the bit that covers nutrigenomics.

Do I feel I understand dog nutrition?

According to my certificate I have mastered
  • genetic effects of nutrition
  • whole food vitamin complexes
  • feeding the omnivorous canine
  • processed diets and reading labels
  • raw and home cooked diets
  • whole food supplements
  • picking a supplement company
  • assessing the nutritional health status of a dog

It gives me a good foundation to build on.

I now better understand what I want to learn next, which includes biochemistry, which I find quite fascinating. I don't think one can really understand nutrition without understanding biochemistry.

The course is taught by Dr. Ava Frick, who is held in high regard among my holistic veterinary friends.

Now, onto part two.

Comments

  1. Congratulations!! How long did it take you to complete the course?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, too me 6 months because I spent a bunch of time with the biochemistry stuff and so on. If one had the time and didn't go around learning other things (which I did find necessary, though), it could be probably done within one month or two.

      So now, once I have some money, part II (this one will be more of a clinical nutrition)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Jana! It's such an accomplishment.I'm working through my Naturopathy course and looking forward to taking a nutrition course that is perhaps a bit more progressive than the one I completed. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the classes you took!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I think I still have a long ways to go before I'm satisfied with what I know :-)

      I think you'll like this course. Teaches integrative nutrition; whole foods, examines processed vs. home-cooked vs. raw diets, talks about what which nutrients do and how can they be used to prevent or deal with disease, and so on.

      Delete

Post a Comment