"The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know."I have finished part one of the Building A Better Body - Canine Nutrition course. I am now no longer certifiable but instead, at least partially, certified!
This is an integrative dog nutrition course and I am glad I have started with this one.
Lot of what I've learned has been common sense to me. Some of the stuff was new, and quite exciting, such as the bit that covers nutrigenomics.
Do I feel I understand dog nutrition?
According to my certificate I have mastered
- genetic effects of nutrition
- whole food vitamin complexes
- feeding the omnivorous canine
- processed diets and reading labels
- raw and home cooked diets
- whole food supplements
- picking a supplement company
- assessing the nutritional health status of a dog
It gives me a good foundation to build on.
I now better understand what I want to learn next, which includes biochemistry, which I find quite fascinating. I don't think one can really understand nutrition without understanding biochemistry.
The course is taught by Dr. Ava Frick, who is held in high regard among my holistic veterinary friends.
Now, onto part two.