There was smoke everywhere (the kitchen burned down completely and there was enough heat to actually "melt" the stove). The family was in front of the house in their pyjamas, running around frantically.
Their dog was still in the house!
Fortunately, this story had a happy ending. After the fire was put out and the firemen could get it looking for the dog, they found him hiding in the upstairs bedroom and he survived.
40,000 pets die each year in household fires, and pets start 1,000 fires every year – know how to prevent them and be prepared in the event of a fire.