Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pet Blogger Challenge 2012: What Has Changed?

The year has gone by quickly, hasn't it? Wow. Another year, another Pet Blogger Challenge. What has changed?


1. Provide a link to your post from last year’s Pet Blogger Challenge so we can refresh our memories.
In my last year's challenge I was reflecting on The Motivation behind My Blog. My motivation has not changed.

2. What do you consider the most important goals you set out in last year’s post?
My most important goal is helping dogs, with main focus on dog health issues. I was an uneducated owner once. But that just doesn't cut it. We need to take charge of our dogs' health. We need to recognize when it's time to visit a vet. We need to know how to choose one [vet]. We need to know when to seek second opinion and we need to be able to make educated decisions regarding out dogs' care and treatments. It is easy to pass the responsibility onto somebody else but at the end, it is us who have to live with the outcome.

So my goal is to get you guys to educate yourself.

3. Have you made progress toward those goals, or have your goals changed over the past year?
My goals have not changed and my mission remains the same - happy, healthy dogs.

4. Has your opinion of blogging on a schedule or as the spirit moves you changed?
With my limited time I usually end up blogging on a schedule. It is not really my priority but that how it's been working so far. I do chose topics spontaneously and sometimes make notes when inspiration strikes.

I think every blogger is worried about traffic to some degree. I try not to sweat it. I write what I feel is important to share and my articles usually find readers. My traffic is slowly growing, so I guess that's a good thing.

5. Are you generating income from your blog?
I made $150 last year! Yay! :-) I also turned down a whole bunch of advertising offers because integrity of my blog is more important to me than making money by all means. Quality sponsors are always welcome though!

6. Have your likes and dislikes about blogging changed since last year?
No, not really. I'd like to have more time to write about all the things that are on my mind. It's becoming quite back-logged.

7. Overall, are you pleased with the progress you made in 2011?
I think it's ok considering the limited time I have available to do this.

8. How do you see your blog changing/growing in 2012?
Unless I win a lottery, not a whole lot :-)

24 comments

  1. I wouldn't change a thing either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, it'd be cool if you won the lottery, but even if you did, I don't think you'd need to make many changes! :) I find your blog to be a fantastic resource - I've definitely surfed over here to search for information when specific issues with Bella or my friends' dogs have come up. Thanks for all of the great info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you :-) What I meant is that if I won a lottery I'd have much more time to learn and write :-)

      Delete
  3. I am thoroughly impressed by the quality of your blog posts! They are well researched and very informative to dog owners that need help with specific health questions. Your passion for dog health is unmatched by any dog blogger that I know.

    Thanks for participating :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,

      (looka here, Blogger learned how to reply to a comment! LOL)

      Thank you so much, my passion certainly burns hot. Wish I had more time to write about all what's on my mind (in regards to dog health of course, you don't want to know the rest of the stuff on my mind LOL)

      Delete
    2. Pretty cool with those replies, you have to tell me how you did that!

      Delete
    3. Yeah, very cool! WordPress has it but now it's here too! I didn't do it, it just appeared. I did switch to one of the newer templates though, they have more features.

      Delete
  4. Checking in from the blog hop!

    I can't wait to read the rest of your blog and learn how to take care of my Indiana a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, welcome, so good you dropped by! Glad you find my blog interesting and useful.

      The main point in taking better care of our dogs is educating ourselves; about nutrition, symptoms, finding a vet ... and then about a particular problem(s) if they have any.

      Delete
  5. I love your blog! Great pet info and super cute Rotties! What more could a blog need? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I certainly agree about the super cute Rotties! :-)

      Delete
  6. Hi Jana - As much as I like meeting new people through the PBC, I especially like seeing "old" friends! I think it's great that you have taken your own personal experience with Jasmine and used it to create a blog that helps other dog owners. Part of being a responsible pet owner is educating yourself, and your blog helps fill that need. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky, nothing like old friends! :-)

      I believe that sharing what I've learned with Jasmine her pain was not in vain.

      I am very happy to see her doing well now, and that is something to be shared also.

      Delete
  7. If last year's theme was ambivalence about finding time, this year seems to be about wanting to earn money but fearing loss of integrity. Making $150 while staying true to your values makes you a hero for lots of bloggers. :)

    I hope you have a great 2012.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pamela. Would be nice to get some compensation for all the time spent, but I have responsibility to my readers and all the dogs out there. Hence I won't promote something I can't stand behind.

      Delete
  8. I love visitn her Jana. I don't get to read or comment as much as I like, but yours is always one I like to let build up in my google reader and makre I at least look at all of them. You are sharing some really great info here and I like that it's a pretty a balanced approach. Definitely keep it up! I have no idea how you present these great well researched posts as often as you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kolchak, thank you, I am glad you're enjoying the site! Love hearing from you!

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for participating in the Challenge, Jana. I completely agree with your wish for more time to write - if only we could squeeze a few more hours into the day. Winning the lottery would be cool - I'm sure that would free up some extra time for blogging! =D I hope 2012 brings you a little extra free time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy, yeah, gotta get rich somehow, get some extra time! LOL

      Delete
  10. Those are some important questions: when to go to a vet, how to choose a vet, and when to get a second opinion. We've taken Stetson to several different vets for his skin allergies, but we still haven't found a solution that works for us. At one point in time he was on meds that cleared up his allergies, but made his tummy hurt.

    Here's to healthy happy dogs in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colby, great toast!

      Yes, those are probably the most important questions. Sorry about Stetson's allergies. I take it you changed food and all that good stuff? What food is he on? You also bathe on as needed basis? Using stainless steel bowls? Are these allergies year round or seasonal?

      Delete
  11. Whether we are treating a beloved pet or an animal from the Austin Zoo, you can count on the highest standards of service and compassion, administered with cutting-edge technology. K9 Dental

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig