The rules for accepting this award are:
- Link to the person who gave you the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Then pass the award on to 15 other blogs.
7 things that you don't know about me yet—hm, is that a trick question? LOL
1) I'm very transparent and I can't keep a secret! I get passionate and when I have an opinion, I voice it, which people don't always appreciate.
2) I originally come from Czech Republic and I've been living in Canada for 15 years now.
3) Dawg Business was born of my passion for dogs and as a result of our unfortunate experiences with Jasmine's health and veterinarians. I'm hoping that sharing real life experiences and encouraging people to become proactive health advocates for their dogs might save others the hardships Jasmine's gone through.
4) I love Jasmine more than I love myself. Hubby believes that I love her more than him too, well, the jury is still out on that one.
5) I believe that if your dog gets ill it is important to learn about the condition, treatment possibilities and question everything. Not many things are written in stone and not many questions have only one right answer (at least not at this time). If you don't believe me, ask two different experts the same question and you'll see how different their answers might be.
6) I believe that your gut instinct can guide you when in doubt regarding your dog's health issues. You know your dog better than anybody. Rather than going against your gut, get a second opinion.
7) Dog's are in my heart and on my mind. I don't remember when I had a conversation about something else. Every time I learn something new I share it with hubby, which he doesn't always appreciate. He always tells Jasmine's vet how lucky he is, “you just get five to ten emails a day, I have to listen to this all the time.” When I go a whole day without emailing him, they get worried about me! And the vet puts up with me, God bless his soul!
15 awesome blogs
1) Pet Health Care Gazette
An awesome blog run by Dr. Lorie Huston, a veterinarian and animal lover. She writes about veterinary issues, animal rights, cool events and everything that might benefit our four-legged friends. She also writes for About.com, and suite101.com and co-hosts Bark Out Loud radio, Talk with Dog Lovers.
2) VetLIVE blog
Veterinary blog run by Dr. Laci and Jed Schaible, sharing their veterinary experience and insights for your pet's benefit. VetLIVE is a website that offers 24/7 online veterinary advice. I myself find such service indispensable.
3) Speaking for Spot
Dr. Kay's Speaking for Spot blog is an online extension of her awesome book Speaking for Spot: Be the Advocate Your Dog Needs to Live a Happy, Healthy, Longer Life. I deem this book the most important dog book you will ever read. The blog is just as awesome. If you're really serious about taking care of your dog's health, you must read this.
4) Fully Vetted
Dr. Patty Khuly shares her veterinary insights and opinions, it's a blog you don't want to miss. Fully Vetted also features a Health Library, information about pet care, diseases and breeds. Dr. Khuly's no-nonsense posts often address controversial topics. Very rarely I don't agree with her point of view.
5) Dog Arthritis Blog
Most dogs will suffer from arthritis at some point in their lives. Understanding early signs can save your dog from a lot of suffering. On his blog Dr. Christopher Durin offers comprehensive information about dog arthritis and treatment options. You owe it to your dog to get your arthritis knowledge on.
6) Dog Knee Injury
Dog Knee Injury is probably the most complete information on ACL/CCL injuries in dogs. It offers information about all treatment options, real-life stories and a forum.
7) Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine
Interested in options that only integrative veterinary medicine can offer? Drugs are not always the only answer! Dr. Patrick Mahaney practices integrative approach to treating disease.
8) The Healing Art of Pet Parenthood
Thoroughly holistic approach to health blog run by Nadine M. Rosin, author of The Healing Art of Pet Parenthood book. Health starts with the food your dog eats, the water he drinks and the environment he lives in.
9) Worms & Germs Blog
This blog is run by University of Guelph Veterinary College. Everything you wanted to know (and many things you didn't) about worms, germs and zoonotic diseases.
10) Fearful Dogs Blog
Dealing with a fearful dog? Many behavioral problems, including aggression, stem from fear rather than dominance. So how do you deal with that? Tons of great information about how to help fearful dogs to cope and overcome their fears.
11) The Other End of the Leash
A must read blog by Patricia B. McConnel, author of the book The Other End of the Leash: Why We Do What We Do Around Dogs and other great dog training books and dog training tips most respected by professional dog trainers and veterinarians.
12) Dog Spelled Forward
Gotta love this blog just for the name! Awesome dog training tips and advice by Eric Goebelbecker. Helpful information for dog owners and trainers for happy and safe homes.
Another great blog on dog training and behavior by Karen Wild. Learn how to make your dog happier, family cosier and your children safer.
14) Be the Change for Animals
This awesome blog is the nerve center of helping dogs in need. With so many worthwhile animal causes to support, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and powerless. By banding together like-minded folks with a strong, collective voice, the goal of BtC4Animals is to ignite and accelerate the change we can make as individuals.
15) The Doggie Stylish Blog
To end my list on a light note, I have to include this blog! Lots of great dog pictures, fun articles and tips. Don't forget to check out Doggie Stylish store for great dog collars!
Ok, now I feel bad for all the blogs I couldn't list here! Sorry folks, love you, will get you in next time! (((hugs)))