Thursday, May 6, 2010

Product Review: Busy Buddy Bouncy Bone

Does your dog eat kongs for breakfast? 

Are you searching for an indestructible safe toy for your dog? Busy Buddy Bouncy Bone might be the product for you.

Our J.D. is a lovely young Rottweiler boy with a great heart and a happy soul. He loves chewing. If he doesn't have something appropriate to chew, he will chew whatever he can find on his own. Not a good thing.

The problem is that a rawhide bone will last him for about twenty minutes and even the toughest kong is no match for his chewing power. Nylabone is too boring for him.

We found Busy Buddy Bouncy Bone when searching for a fun toy even J.D. could not destroy. 

With this toy J.D. Finally found his match. Since J.D. was not able to destroy it, I deem it indestructible.

The two ends unscrew and hold little round biscuits that come with the product. The biscuits are what makes the toy more attractive to play with. However, you can rub some peanut butter, cheese or tripe on it instead and it will work just as well.

It comes in different sizes for small, medium and large dogs.

There is one downside to this toy. It is rather heavy. If your dog likes tossing his toys around, and if you live in an apartment, you might not want to put your neighbors through all the noise. Having it land on your foot it is also quite unpleasant.

Other than that, thumbs up from J.D.

Jana

4 comments

  1. I've seen these maybe a million times on the wall of Hollie's Doggie DayCare Facility (Hollie is a trainer with whom I used to take classes at a facility we're both teaching at now!) and I'd never given them a second thought until I read this.
    So.
    This Friday after everyone was picked up by mom or dad, I ran over to the wall and grabbed one, swiped my debit card, and effectively sold it to myself. :)
    I don't know who is going to get to play with it yet, but I'll figure it out. (Granted, Kittie is still learning TO play....haha. I showed her the box and she just stared at it like, "It's going to eat me, Mom, I know it is.")
    I'll have to let you know how to goes when I introduce it to whichever lucky pup gets it. :) I hope they'll love it; if not, I'll just have to teach 'em how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing how/which your pup gets to enjoy it.

    I think it will depend on how much they love to chew, it is meant to be primarily a chew toy after all. J.D. was used to playing with other kinds, such as the kongs, except was destroying them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. are there braces fo dog with acl tear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, strange place to put this question :-) Yes, there are a number of brace products for dogs with torn acl.

    When we were considering this option I quite liked this one
    http://www.orthopets.com/gallery1a.htm

    but there are other manufacturers out there too.

    I recommend researching all the products before picking one.

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig